because EXPERIENCE MATTERS!
- FBI Academy Graduate – Quantico, VA
- School of Police Staff and Command Graduate – Northwestern University Center for Public Safety, IL
- Bachelor of Science – Criminal Justice, LSU
- Masters of Business Administration – Finance, LSU (Currently Enrolled)
MEMBERSHIP AND AFFILIATIONS
- President, St. Bernard School Foundation Committee
- Member, St. Bernard School Financial Committee
- Member, Teurlings High School Advisory Board
With over 30 years of experience as a Law Enforcement Officer, including his proven leadership working with over 600 employees encompassing multi-section responsibilities, Becket has the expertise for improving law enforcement agency operations efficiency without sacrificing public safety.
Becket has solid experience creating strategies and processes that enhance law enforcement’s services and improve positive output. He is widely viewed as being fair, hardworking, respectful and dedicated, which has built a reputation that allows handling of difficult law enforcement personnel problems that others would not be able to successfully resolve.
Becket has demonstrated success in “doing more with less”, both in state government and private businesses. “I genuinely believe that my firsthand knowledge of the inner workings of Louisiana’s largest law enforcement agency and its decision-making process affects everyone in our community,” says Becket. “That experience, along with me being a previous business owner in St. Martin Parish, allows me to better serve you as your next sheriff.”
With strong leadership attributes and personal willingness to take on difficult or uncomfortable problems with a positive resolve of each, the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office and its staff will surface as law enforcement leaders in our state. “As your sheriff, I will bring focus on strong management and leadership skills, while motivating personnel and maximizing levels of productivity, in order to enhance public safety, while maximizing these levels at minimum taxpayer expense.” notes Breaux.
SELECT PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS & BENCHMARKS
Developed and implemented numerous practices, which improved the morale, safety, efficiency and effectiveness of Louisiana State Police, thereby improving the services provided to the citizens of Louisiana.
Criminal Patrol Unit
- Restructured the criminal interdiction unit statewide to increase safety, efficiency and productivity. More than $16,233,250 in narcotics and $531,229 in currency seized in 2016. More than $37,267,969 in narcotics and $645,864 in currency seized in 2017.
- Developed enforcement strategies and managed personnel deployed to assist local agencies experiencing high rates of violent crimes and narcotics activity. Enforcement operations were conducted in the cities of New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, New Iberia, St. Martinville, Jeanerette, Breaux Bridge, Ville Platte, Abbeville, Jennings, and Crowley, as well as the parishes of West Baton Rouge, Ascension, Iberville, St. John and St. James.
- Coordinated with numerous local, state and federal agencies to provide criminal enforcement training and guidance on how to address recurring criminal activity.
Operation Carpe Diem
- Created and implemented a strategy to conduct the first statewide enforcement operation involving all sections of Louisiana State Police. This includes the development of a rank structure and selection of personnel based upon specialized training, experience and expertise.
- The governor highlighted several of the major outcomes that resulted from the seven-week detail, Operation Carpe Diem. The results included 1025 total statewide arrest, $6.5 million of narcotics seized, over $340,00 suspected drug money seized, 556 narcotics charges, 112 illegal weapons seized, 60 instances of illegal carrying of weapons, 637 fugitive charges, 36 possession of stolen property charges, 48 arrest for various sex crimes, 27 prostitution/human trafficking charges, five Internet Solicitation of Juvenile charges, nine child pornography charges and three juveniles rescued.
- See more information: http://www.kplctv.com/story/24274170/state-police-arrest-over-1000-during-operation-carpe-diem/?outputType=amp
- Managed responses to numerous natural disasters including hurricanes, floods and icing events.
- Coordinated with local law enforcement agencies to assist in the recovery of victims affected by the flood in Carencro (May 2012). Secured an area for motorists to seek refuge and ensured essential supplies were provided to those stranded along Interstate 49.
- Supervised Louisiana State Police’s response to the demonstrations/marches, active shooter incidents, and civil unrest.
- F.E.M.A. National Incident Management Training
- Significantly improved personnel job performance and professionalism within Louisiana State Police serving as the Commander of Troop I and State Police’s 9 Troops as Major.
- Implemented the first Regional base Policy and Procedure, which ensures operations, assets, and personnel are being deployed and/or functioning consistent amongst Troops A, B, C, D, I and L.
- Established a Team Leader Program throughout Region 2 to improve the relationships and communication between Troopers and Supervisors.
- Implemented a regional dispatching structure in Louisiana State Police resulting in increased consistency, efficiency and oversight of radio operators.
- Established one of Acadiana’s leading alarm companies by maximizing output and minimizing expenditures.
- Anti-Terrorism Task Force Agent – FBI
- U. S. Marshal Agent– U. S. Marshal’s Office
- U. S. Customs Agent– U. S. Customs Service
- Commissioner – Lafayette 911 Commission
- Acadian Law Enforcement Training Academy
- LSP Basic Training Academy – 67th Session
- FBI Certified Instructor
- Anti-Terrorism Training (Multiple Certifications)
- Active Shooter Response
- Violent Crime Training
- F. E.M.A. National Incident Management Training
- Border and Trafficking Training
- Highway Criminal Interdiction School (Multiple Certifications)
- Homicide Investigation Training
- Methamphetamine Lab First Responder
- Marijuana Eradication
- Criminal Intelligence Operating Systems
- White Collar Investigation Training
- Casino Fraud Training
- Counter Drug Training
- TASER Instructor
- Protective Services/Dignitary Protection Training
- Raid Planning and Execution of High-Risk Warrants
- Advanced Fraud Training
- Covert Surveillance
- Hazard Mitigation Training
- Analytical Investigation Methods/Financial Manipulations
- LSP Direct Leadership Course
- Vehicle Theft Training
- Interview & Interrogation
- Technical Surveillance/ Advanced Video Training
- Arrest and Search Warrant Affidavits Preparations
- Advanced Accident Training
- Security/Fire/Surveillance School (Multiple Certifications)
- Child Interview Techniques
- Spanish for Police Officers
- Red Cross Life Guard/CPR for Professionals
- Louisiana State Police Recognition for “Outstanding Leadership as Detail Commander of Operation Carpe Diem”
- US Department of Justice – Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate of Recognition
- FBI Director’s Certificate of Recognition
- Nomination for “Trooper of the Year”
- 100 Club “Officer of the Year”
- “Exceptional” ratings on year-end performance evaluations